Senior Manager, Telecom Project Management Office
LOCATION: Acronym Solutions Head Office, 65 Kelfield Rd, Toronto, Ontario
The Manager, Telecom Project Management Office manages a team of Project Management professionals who work closely with the Network and Technology Development team, Operations, IT and Product Development to lead and support profitable growth initiatives through project planning, budgeting, and execution.
You rely heavily on your superior business analytical skills to manage the department, deliverables and budgets as well as to add value to other areas of the PMO team and help deliver key elements of the company’s strategic objectives for revenue and profitability growth.
Your natural ability to establish strong working relationships while increasing profitability for the company is essential. You are tenacious and charismatic in your approach to resolving obstacles and are results-driven and action-oriented to getting the job done right.
You are a self-starter, with the proven ability to build executive relationships, articulate Acronym Solutions’ business requirements and business strategies, and create win/win/win situations for Acronym Solutions, our customers and our vendors.
• Develop and manage all aspects of the Acronym Solutions Telecom Project Management office utilizing current project and program management methodologies and industry best practices.
• Accountable to lead and manage a team of Project Managers (MCP Level 4) who define, manage and implement network based projects to deliver on the Acronym’s capital plan (on-time, on-budget, on-spec). Technology platforms in the capital plan include IP, optical, wireless, security, data centers and unified communications. Solutions will be built organically or by partnering with other organizations.
• Program manage all market expansion and Go-to-Market company-wide initiatives
• Responsible for creating, implementing and managing the NPI/NTI process within Acronym.
• Negotiate and manage project deliverables, schedules, timelines and costs from concept to deployment and business readiness. Communicate to all stakeholders on project progress against designed plan, requirements, quality measures, compliance with processes, highlight risks and issues, drive resolution and escalate when required.
• Accountable for creating and managing time-motion models and metrics that measure workload, efficiency and capacity within the company
• Accountable for project management decisions to support network project execution and service delivery to customers.
• Create and obtain approval on business plans and business cases to support the Acronym capital program.
• Accountable for budget tracking and reporting for the Acronym capital program.
• Provide thought leadership to Acronym senior leadership for productivity and efficiency improvements for the capital program.
• Support the Director, Business Development in the development and implementation of the long term business strategy for Acronym Solutions Inc. Ensure that the Plan stays current, and monitor progress against the Plan.
• Support the development of the annual business plan.
• Accountable for making decisions on budget spending, organization of staff to accomplish corporate objectives and making recommendations to the Director team on business risks.
• Responsible for contract negotiations and contract management with external third parties.
• Manage vendor and external resource deliverables, commitments and communication.
• Develop process flows and maps as required to document and implement within existing business processes.
• Demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate issues with peers, partners and customers using a Win/Win philosophy.
• Accountable for setting team goals, objectives, coaching, and handling human resource issues and resolving work performance problems.
• As part of the senior leadership team within Acronym Solutions, work with the Director, Business Development and team members to create and sustain a cooperative and supportive working environment.
• Maintain and enhance effective working relationships with appropriate level of employees’ collective bargaining organization representatives.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Management Science, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Risk Management, or related curriculums in Project Management or equivalent work experience.
• 10-15 years of related experience managing a Project Management Office and Project Managers.
• PMP certification is required.
• Strong business acumen must include experience in preparing business cases for revenue opportunities and network development projects.
• Requires thorough and demonstrated knowledge of project management and methodologies to deliver on time, on budget, on spec for telecommunications focused projects.
• Requires experience in all aspects of telecommunications and information management in a telecommunications environment.
• Knowledge of telecom related engineering and computer applications of equipment and data base management systems.
• Experience with projects involving product development from inception through technology development right through to launch.
• Ability to lead and direct cross functional departments and resources toward business and project objectives.
• Past telecom or inside and outside plant design or construction experience an asset.
• Experience presenting project management solutions in a variety of internal meetings and customer facing meetings.
• Experience with project delivery involving a variety of resources from working level to Director level.
• Stakeholder and relationship management experience.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Visual Basic, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to manipulate and analyze data to draw appropriate conclusions.
• Sharp attention to detail with the ability to spot inconsistencies and troubleshoot potential issues.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating persistence and problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to translate complex data into manageable and useful insights.
• Professionalism, positive attitude, and the ability to work well with diverse perspectives are keys to success in this position.
• Ability to lead multiple work streams or project teams to execute against an existing project or work plan
• Promote, manage and deliver the continuous improvement of activities.
• Displaying effective organization skills, managing multiple and competing priorities and coaching others to improve these skills.
• Experience with proposing solutions to manage client expectations and managing the delivery of the solution.
Click here to apply through our parent company Hydro One’s career site.
We are Acronym. We exist to make communications easier. To replace ambiguity with clarity. And to thrive when everyone shares a mutual understanding. We offer simplicity by managing complexity behind the scenes. We stay creative, so you stay connected. We solve problems, so you get custom solutions. We challenge what’s possible, so you realize your potential. This is what we stand for.
At Acronym, we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2021.
Thank you for considering a career with Acronym, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.